Certified Application Counselor-Macon County
Click here to send an anonymous request to the seller to upload a photo for this ad
Are you an outgoing person with a passion for equitable access to healthcare in rural Western NC? Mountain Projects, Inc. is immediately seeking a full-time Certified Application Counselor for Macon County. This is a grant funded position.
• Conduct education and outreach to uninsured individuals and community partner agencies
• Share information regarding the Federally facilitated Marketplace, including:
• Eligibility requirements for federal tax subsidies and cost-sharing subsidies.
• Eligibility for Qualified Health Plans on the FFM, Medicaid and North Carolina’s Health Choice and how to enroll in qualified health plans, Medicaid, and Health Choice on the marketplace website.
• Meet with individuals and facilitate plan selection based on the needs of the individual/family or the small business seeking health insurance coverage, assess tax implications and premium and cost-sharing requirements, application submission, renewal, and disenrollment processes.
• Help people understand how premium tax credits work and their potential financial impact.
• Facilitate eligibility determinations for qualified health plans, Medicaid, and Health Choice and premium tax subsidies.
• Provide referrals to appropriate agencies, including the North Carolina Department of Insurance for applicants and enrollees with grievances, complaints, questions, or need for other social services.
Qualifications: Candidates applying for this position should have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work autonomously and with other team members.
• Experience with Medicaid, VA, Medicare, Individual health insurance and safety net health care providers
• Prior experience assisting clients.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Strong writing skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft outlook
• Public Speaking experience
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
Benefits included in this position:
37 Hour work week.
Health Insurance with Mountain Projects paying 85% of the monthly premium.
Dental and Vision coverage.
Short/Long term disability and life insurance paid by Mountain Projects.
Matching Retirement Plan
13 paid holidays a year
Annual and sick leave
To be considered please apply at www.mountainprojects.org AA/EOE